©.EPEC. All Rights Reserved. ICP No. 16002489-1
Epec Platform Membership and User Services Agreement
Epec Platform membership and user services agreement (hereinafter referred to as "this Agreement") is an agreement between platform members (including Purchaser Member, Supplier Member and hereinafter referred to as the "Members") or users, and the operator of Epec E-commerce Platform (domain name at www.epec.com, hereinafter referred to as the "Platform"), i.e. Epec Electronic Commerce Co., LTD. (hereinafter referred to as the "Platform Operator") regarding the Platform services and other related matters. Please read this Agreement carefully.
1.1 The terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement (hereinafter referred to as "Provisions") shall apply to the Platform services provided to Members and users. The terms and conditions shall include the body of this Agreement and all rules, regulations and announcements that have been or may be issued by the Platform. All rules, regulations and announcements shall be an integral part of this Agreement and shall have the same legal effect as the text of this Agreement. While using the services provided by the Platform, Members and users shall promise to accept and abide by the relevant rules, regulations and announcements.
1.2 The Platform has the right to adjust the terms of this Agreement if necessary. If there is any change to this Agreement and other rules of the Platform, the Platform will solicit opinions from the public by posting an announcement at a prominent position on the home page. The change will be implemented in the form of announcement after the public announcement which will last for seven days, and members and users of the Platform will not be separately notified. Members and users can log on the Platform at any time to check and download the latest version of this Agreement; Members and users are obliged to follow and read the latest version of this Agreement and Platform announcements from time to time.
1.3 If the Members and users of the Platform have any objection to the newly revised terms, they can stop using the services provided by the Platform after fulfilling their unfinished responsibilities and obligations according to the previous terms, and submit the corresponding member cancellation application to exit the Platform according to the rules of the Platform. Once Members and users continue to use the services provided by the Platform, it shall mean that they have accepted the revised terms. In case of any dispute between Members or users and the Platform, to settle the dispute, the latest version of this Agreement shall prevail.
1.4 Members and users represent and warrant that, when agreeing to accept this Agreement and registering as Members and users of the Platform, such member shall be a legal person or other organization with full capacity for civil rights and civil conduct as stipulated by law and able to independently bear civil liabilities. If the aforesaid conditions are not met, Members and users shall immediately stop registering or using the Platform’s services.
2.1 Through the services provided by the Platform, Members can browse transaction information, inquire commodity and service information, reach commercial agreements and conduct transactions, evaluate other Members, participate in activities of the Platform and use other information services and technical services. The Platform will establish and improve the credit evaluation system, publicize the credit evaluation rules, and keep the evaluation results with respect to the goods or services sold on the Platform.
2.2 The Platform shall be only for Members to look for commercial targets, negotiate deals, and acquire various services related to the transaction. At the same time, except Platform Operator directly does business with other entities, or the Platform rules otherwise provide, the Platform shall not intervene in the legal relations and legal disputes arising from the transactions among the Members, and shall not and will not intervene in the transactions of the parties involved.
2.3 Platform Members shall be aware that Platform Operator presents search results of goods or services to consumers in a variety of ways, such as according to price, sales volume and credit, etc. Except for the Platform Operator’s own business, the Platform can control or guarantee neither the authenticity, legality, accuracy of business information, nor the quality, safety, legality of the subject matters of a transaction, nor the ability of relevant trading parties to fulfill their obligations under specific transactions. The Platform cannot and will not control the parties of a transaction to perform their obligations. In addition, Members shall be aware that objectively there exist risks of fraud in any transactions. When using the Platform, Members shall be cautious, and the Platform shall not be liable for any losses or damages unless the losses or damages are because of Platform’s intentional misconduct or gross negligence.
2.4 Each member and user of the platform grants a permanent, global, royalty-free, irrevocable and non-exclusive license (including multi-level sublicense rights) to the Platform, the Platform Operator and the Procurement Manager Function Service Supplier for all the content uploaded, published or provided to the Platform. The Platform, Platform Operator and the Procurement Manager Function Service Supplier may (in whole or in part) use, copy, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivatives, distribute, perform, play or display the content uploaded, published or provided by Members to the Platform (Members should guarantee they have corresponding rights with respect to the content they upload, post or provide), and/or combine it with other works through any currently known or future developed form medium, or technology. Where a Member voluntarily uses the free information translation service provided by the Platform, Procurement Manager Function Service Supplier and the Translation Engine Service Supplier (including but not limited to goods and store information, price inquiry and communication, attachment information and other information, etc.), the Procurement Manager Function Service Supplier may translate such information and publish or use it on the page of other languages; The Platform, the Platform Operator, the Procurement Manager Function Service Supplier and the Translation Engine Service Supplier shall not be liable for any inaccuracy of the translation, and shall not pay any expenses, or be responsible for any direct or indirect losses or liabilities claimed by the Member. For the functions and rules with respect to Procurement Manager Function Service Supplier, please refer to the relevant rules of international business platform.
2.5 Subject to article 1.2 of this Agreement, the Platform reserves the right to change, interrupt or terminate part or all of the service contents at any time. Members and users shall have the right to use the relevant services of the Platform provided that they fully agree to this Agreement and the Provisions of the Platform.
2.6 When the Platform provides the aforementioned services to Members, relevant service fees will be charged. The service fee arrangement between the Platform and Members shall be determined by the parties through separate negotiation.
2.7 The Platform will not use trading rules, technologies or other means to impose unreasonable restrictions, conditions or fees on the transactions and prices within the Platform, but the Platform shall have the right to charge reasonable fees according to the charging standards of the Platform for the trading services actually provided by the Platform.
3.1 Membership applicants shall complete the verification process of user registration and membership authentication in accordance with Epec user registration and membership authentication rules and other applicable rules of the Platform.
3.2 Registered users shall provide authentic, accurate, complete, legal and effective information to the Platform in good faith when conducting identity authentication. If there is any change to Member’s information, please update it timely. In the circumstance that the law clearly requires the Platform Operator who acts as the Platform service provider to verify the information of Members, the Platform Operator shall check and verify the information of Members from time to time according to the law, and Members shall provide the latest, authentic and complete information.
3.3 Members shall continuously publicize business license information, administrative license information related to their business operation, or the emblem that carries the web-link to the above information in a prominent position. In case of any change, Members shall timely update the information.
3.4 If the information provided by the Member is illegal, unauthentic, inaccurate or not comprehensive, the Member shall bear the corresponding responsibilities and consequences arising therefrom, and the Platform Operators may reserve the right to terminate the use of the services provided by the Platform to the Member.
3.5 The Platform supports Members to apply for information inquiry, correction and deletion. After verifying the membership status, the Platform shall provide relevant information and handle these applications.
3.6 If the Member terminates the e-commerce business, it shall cancel the business in accordance with the requirements of applicable rules of the Platform and continue to publicize relevant information in a prominent position on the home page 30 days in advance.
3.7 For the Member’s accounts that are suspected to be used for violating laws and regulations such as fraud, the Platform Operators shall have the right to terminate service by freezing, closing, deleting the Member accounts, and shall have the right to publicize the violation on the Platform in a timely manner. The platform shall not be liable for any losses because of the freeze, close, deletion, or termination to the account.
4.1 After successful registration, user name, password and other account information will be generated, and Members and users can modify their passwords according to the rules of the Platform. To ensure the security of account information, Members and users should change their passwords regularly.
4.2 Members and users shall keep and use user names and passwords cautiously and reasonably. Members and users shall be responsible for the confidentiality of their account information such as user names and passwords, and also shall be responsible for all activities (including but not limited to the activities such as, disclosing or releasing information, agreeing to or submitting all kinds of rules or protocol on line, renewing or selling goods or services on line) conducted by their own, or by individuals or entities authorized by the Member while using the user name and password.
4.3 If there is any illegal use of member accounts or any security vulnerability is found, Members and users shall immediately notify the Platform. Members and users shall bear the losses and adverse consequences arising from the illegal use of the accounts and passwords caused by hacking or negligence of the Members and users, and the Platform Operator shall not assume any responsibilities.
4.4 The user names and passwords of the Members and users shall not be transferred, given or inherited (if applicable) in any way, unless otherwise provided for by laws or judicial decisions and with the consent of the Platform. Furthermore, transfer, gift or inheritance (if applicable) shall need qualified documents and materials required by the Platform and shall be handled according to the operational procedures established by the Platform.
5.1 Members and users have the right to use their own user names and passwords to log in the Platform at any time; and have the right to choose the subscription functions of all kinds of information provided by the Platform and enjoy the corresponding information services.
5.2 Members shall promise to abide by the principle of honesty in the process of trading on the Platform, shall not take unfair competition actions in the process of trading, shall not disturb the normal order of online trading, and shall not engage in any behavior unrelated to online trading.
5.3 Members and users agree to transfer the right to use the data and information that are uploaded or provided to the Platform to Platform Operator. Members and users shall not use any data and information (including but not limited to purchaser information, supplier information and related transaction information) on the Platform without the consent of the Platform Operator, including but not limited to copy or disseminate any data and information obtained from the Platform without the prior written approval of the Platform.
5.4 Members and users agree and shall strictly abide by the following obligations:
(1) Members and users shall not disseminate or make statements: that are to incite people to resist and undermine the implementation of the constitution, laws and administrative regulations; to incite subversion of state power and overthrow the socialist system; to incite secession and undermine national unity; to incite national hatred, racial discrimination and undermine national unity;
(2) the transmission of data and information from the Chinese mainland to foreign countries must comply with relevant Chinese laws and regulations;
(3) the Platform shall not be used for illegal and criminal activities such as money laundering or stealing trade secrets and personal information;
(4) Members and users shall not interfere with the normal operation of the Platform or intrude into the Platform and the national computer information system;
(5) Members and users shall not transmit or publish any illegal and criminal, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, hurtful, vulgar, obscene, uncivilized and other information;
(6) Members and users shall not transmit or publish information, materials or remarks that impair China's national social and public interests or involve China's national security;
(7) Members and users shall not abet others to engage in the acts prohibited by this article;
(8) Members and users shall not publish any content that infringes others' intellectual property rights or legitimate rights, such as copyright and trademark rights; and
(9) Members and users shall not engage in other acts that violate the prohibitive provisions of the laws and regulations of the state.
6.1 The Platform will maintain the normal operation of the entire online trading platform, and try to upgrade and improve the technology, so that the online trading activities of the Members can be carried out smoothly.
6.2 The Platform reserves the right to delete all kinds of information contents that are untrue or do not comply with laws, public policies, and rules of the Platform, without notifying the Members and users.
6.3 If the Members and users fail to comply with the provisions of Article 5 hereof, the Platform shall have the right to make independent judgment and take measures such as suspending or closing the member accounts, without notifying the Members and users or obtaining the consent of the Members and users. The Members and users shall be liable for their online speech and behavior.
6.4 The Platform Operator has the right to forward order, promotional activities and other information to Members (including individuals authorized by Members) and users through text, E-mail, and telephone, etc.
6.5 The Platform Operator has the right to process the registration information, user names, passwords and other information of the Members (including individuals authorized by Members) and users, and log into the registered accounts of the Members and users to preserve evidence, for the purposes including but not limited to notarization and witness, etc.
6.6 The Platform shall have the right to check the registration data and transaction behaviors of the Members and users. If there is any problem or suspected problem in the registration data or transaction behaviors, the Platform shall have the right to send notice of inquiry and request for correction or directly delete the information.
6.7 The Platform is obliged to conduct prior examination of all registration data of the Members and users, but shall not conduct examination of all transactions and other matters related to transactions, unless:
(1) Members and users or other third parties report to the Platform that there are major problems with a certain transaction of the Members;
(2) Members and users or other parties report to the Platform there exist violations of laws or misconducts amongst Members and users.
6.8 The Platform shall have the right to delete relevant information or stop providing services to Members and users upon confirmation of the existence of the above problems. Such Members and users shall assume the corresponding responsibility.
6.9 Where Member or user having committed an illegal act is confirmed by a valid national legal document or an administrative penalty decision, or where the Platform has sufficient factual basis to determine that a Member or user has committed an illegal act, or has violated the rules of the Platform or the Agreement of the Platform, the Platform has the right to handle such situation according to relevant laws and regulations and rules of the platform. The Platform also has the right to publicize the processing results on the Platform’s webpage.
6.10 Members may request the Platform to mediate any dispute arising from the online transactions of the Platform in accordance with the transaction dispute settlement rules of the Platform. But the result of the mediation does not affect the parties to solve the transaction dispute through legal means.
6.11 If a Platform Member has a dominant position in the market due to factors such as technical advantages, number of users, control over relevant industries and reliance from others with respect to a transaction, it shall not abuse his dominant position to exclude or limit competition.
7.1 The Members accept and agree any framework agreement, other agreements, and terms of order provided by the Platform’s transaction rules.
7.2 Before submitting the order, the Members shall carefully confirm the names, attributes (specification, model, size, etc.), price, quantity, delivery address, contact number, payment method, bank account, arrival time, invoice title, mailing address, remarks and other information of commodities.
8.1 In order to ensure transaction integrity and fund security, Members agree to use online payment services on the Platform provided by financial institutions that are in a cooperative relationship with the Platform in accordance with payment rules of the Platform. The Platform Operator shall not assume any responsibility for any loss or legal dispute arising from the use of the payment service by the Member. The dispute should be settled between the Members and financial institutions.
8.2 The Platform provided two modes of online payment service, including "Epec payment" and "e-bank direct payment". The Members can choose either mode to complete the transaction payment.
8.3 Epec payment is a bank account service jointly provided by the Platform Operator and the cooperative bank for the Members.
8.3.1 The Members shall be deemed to accept the terms and conditions of service and payment rules when submitting an account-open application for Epec payment.
8.3.2 The Members shall provide authentic and valid application materials for opening the account. The Members shall be responsible for the authenticity and validity of the information provided for the account open.
8.3.3 The Members shall be responsible for properly keeping account information, user password, user UKEY, etc. The Platform Operators shall not assume losses and consequences caused by Members’ failure to secure the above information.
8.3.4 The Platform only provides transaction channels for Members’ bank account funds. All fund instructions submitted by the Members to the cooperative bank or other cooperative platforms through the Platform shall not be deemed as Members entrusting the Platform to submit fund instructions. The Members shall be liable for any instructions sent or any information submitted by them and the consequences thereof.
8.3.5 The Platform has the right to supervise the fund accounts of the Members. In pursuant to transactions rules, or according to any verified information, the Platform may freeze, unfreeze, transfer or take other measures to the trading funds.
8.4 E-bank direct payment is a third-party payment service provided by the Platform and cooperative third-party payment institutions for the Members.
8.5 If using other payment methods, both parties shall be obliged to timely maintain and update the payment status and relevant information as required by the Platform. The Platform has the right to impose penalties on those who fail to maintain, update or fail to timely maintain or update payment status or relevant information.
8.6 Currently, the Platform does not charge service fees for the online payment methods provided by the Platform, but the Platform Operator reserves the right to charge service fees from Members in the future.
8.7 The Members shall bear all risks (including but not limited to loss, theft or unauthorized use of security tools, interruption of communication, distortion of transaction data, failure of transaction caused by insufficient account balance, etc.) and legal consequences or liabilities that may arise in the process of completing payment transaction through a third-party payment institution. The Platform shall not assume any risks or responsibilities arising in the process.
9.1 If the network service needs to be suspended due to system maintenance or upgrade, the Platform will make online announcements in advance.
9.2 Once a Member applies to the Platform for account cancellation in the Platform, its account will be canceled after the approval of the Platform, and the service agreement between the Member and the Platform will be terminated. However, Members who cancel their accounts need to satisfy the conditions in the Instructions on Cancellation for Epec Members and Users.
9.2.1 Before submitting an application, a Member need to back up all the relevant information and data.
9.2.2 Accounts for Members cannot be restored once they are canceled. After cancellation, Members cannot use the account anymore, and cannot retrieve any relevant contents or information in the account or related to the account, including but not limited to:
(1) Not being able to log in or use the account, and not being able to enjoy the services provided by the e-commerce system, e-bidding platform, uniform payment platform, etc., related to the Platform to display selling goods, participate in price comparison, electronic bidding, online payment, or obtain financial support, purchase goods, initiate inquiry notice to potential, apply for verification or evaluation, etc.
(2)The corporate information and historic transaction information of the account (including but not limited to user name, transaction documents, favorite information, and subscription information) cannot be retrieved.
(3)All the points, qualifications that have been obtained are deemed to be waived and cannot be used anymore.
9.2.3 Cancellation of an account does not mean that the liabilities of the account owner before cancellation will be exempted or mitigated.
9.2.4 If one wants to re-use the Platform to conduct business, it needs to re-register and be verified as a Member using an email address or a mobile phone number different from the one that was used in the previous registration.
9.3 After the cancellation of the Member’s account, the Platform reserves the following rights:
(1) After the cancellation of the Member’s account, the Platform has the right to retain the transaction documents at the time of and before cancellation. And
(2) If the Member engages in illegal conducts or conducts in breach of the contract, the Platform can still exercise its right under this Agreement.
9.4 Under the following circumstances, the Platform can terminate the service provided to Members and Users:
(1) When the Member and the User breach relevant provisions of this Agreement, the Platform has the right to terminate the service. If, after the cancellation of the Member’s account, one directly or indirectly re-register as the Member and the user by using other’s names, the Platform has the right to unilaterally terminate the service provided to the Member and the User;
(2) Once the Platform discovers that the statistics of the Member and User is false, it has the right to terminate the service provided to the Member and User;
(3) In terminating or updating this Agreement, the Member and the User explicitly refuse to accept the newly updated service agreement;
(4) Other circumstances the Platform reasonably holds necessary to terminate the service.
Apart from the above circumstances, the Platform reserves the right to suspend or terminate the service in part or in whole provided that it informs the Member and the User in advance. For all the losses resulting from the termination or suspension of the service, the Platform is not liable to the Member and the User or any other third party in any way, unless the Platform fails to inform the Member or the User in advance.
9.5 Regarding the protection of personal information, the data subject personal information user agreement shall apply.
10.1 Under the following abnormal circumstances in the transaction, resulting in the failure of the transaction in part or in whole, the Platform has the right to temporarily suspend or technically suspend the transaction and shall bear no liability:
(1) Force majeure;
(2) Accidental events;
(3) Technical failure; and
(4) Other abnormal circumstances that cannot be controlled by the Platform
10.2 If the communication is interrupted or the transaction data is distorted because of the above incidents, the valid data shall be the data last recorded at the Platform Transaction System at the time of the failure.
10.3 The Platform will only provide all the information, contents, materials, products (including software) or service on the condition of “as is” or “as available”, and does not provide any form of guarantee, explicit or implied, to the information, contents, materials, products (including software) or service operated by and included in the Platform. If the Member thinks that the information, contents, materials, products (including software) or software is (are) false, he may report or complain to the Platform and provide corresponding supporting materials. The platform will handle such issue in accordance with rules such as the Rules of Transaction Dispute Resolution and Complaint Handling.
10.4 The risks and possible losses resulting from the use of the service or function of the Platform by the Members and the users (including but not limited to risks and losses resulting from any inherent risks and disputes relating to the e-commerce business, force majeure, accidental events, etc.,) shall be borne by Members and users themselves. Any consequences caused by the use of the service or function of the Platform shall also be borne by themselves, provided that they do not result from the Platform’s deliberate acts or gross negligence. Except when the Platform Operator directly engages in the business of selling goods, the Platform does not guarantee that two parties in the selling contract will fulfill their obligations under the contract, and shall not be liable to any Member, any User, or any third party for their contractual obligations or duties, and shall not bear any liabilities or losses not caused by the Platform’s deliberate acts or gross negligence.
10.5 The information, products or services provided by the partners, strategic partners, alliance organizations and relevant websites of the Platform only represent an additional recommendation by the Platform when providing services to the Members, and do not constitute a guarantee for such information, products or services by the Platform. Members shall exercise prudence in purchase and usage, pay close attention and conduct screening. The Platform does not bear any legal liability for the Member’s use or failure to use such services, or for any disputes, fees, losses, liabilities or consequences resulting from the Member’s use or failure to use such services.
11.1 The Platform protects the business information of the Member and the User, but the registration and transaction information of the Member and the User will be disclosed in part or in whole at the minimum level under the following circumstances:
(1) Disclose to a third party with the approval of the Member and the User;
(2) If the Member and the User initiate a complaint, disclose to the respondent at his request to facilitate the resolution of the possible disputes between both parties;
(3) Disclose in accordance with the relevant laws, or the requirements by the administrative or judicial branches;
(4) If the Member and the User violate relevant Chinese laws or the policies announced by the Platform, disclose to a third party in accordance with the requirements of the law;
(5) If relevant products or services can only be provided to the Member and the User by disclosing the relevant registration and transaction information of the Member and the User to a third party, the Platform has the right to disclose necessary information (such as when the Platform provides matching services, disclose information to other Members);
(6) When the Member agrees to accept the services provided by the third-party payment institution, the Platform has the right to disclose to the third-party payment institution the relevant information and transaction records of the Member.
(7) Other disclosure that the Platform thinks appropriate in accordance with the law and relevant regulations or rules of the Platform.
11.2 The Member and the User authorize the Platform to obtain relevant personal information provided by the Member in registration, identification and all other business processes, and acknowledge, agree and assure that relevant individuals have known and consented in writing that the Platform Operator may use, record, analyze, send notice, or process such information in other manners. The Platform has the right to request the Member to provide the written consent of the individual as proof.
12.1 When the Member engages in online transaction through the Platform, the Member agrees that the Platform Operator has the right to charge a transaction service fee in accordance with the charging standard of the Platform for the service provided, and may provide the Member with the invoice for the transaction service fee.
13.1 All the copyrights of the contents of the Platform’s website, including but not limited to works, pictures, files, information, materials, website structure, arrangements of the website’s pictures, webpage design, are owned by the Platform Operator in accordance with the law. The copyrights include but not limited to trademarks, patents, copyrights, trade secrets, etc.
13.2 The Member and the User shall respect intellectual properties. No one shall use, modify, copy, quote, link, grab, publicly disseminate, change, spread, distribute or publicly publish the Platform’s information, procedure or contents without the written consent of the Platform Operator.
14.1 The Member and the User shall protect and maintain the interests of the Platform and other Members. If the Registered Member violates any laws, regulations or provisions of this Agreement, which causes losses to the Platform or any other third party, the Member and the User agree to bear the resulting direct or indirect losses.
14.2 The following conducts by the Member and the User are deemed as a breach of contract:
(1) Violating relevant laws, regulations or the rules of the Platform when using the services provided by the Platform;
(2) Violating this Agreement or other agreements entered into between the Member, the User, and the Platform Operator for the use of relevant services of the Platform.
The Member and the User understand and agree that the Platform Operator may stipulate the standards for a breach of contract in the relevant rules of the Platform.
14.3 When publishing information, the Member and the User shall abide by the Platform’s relevant rules on publishing information. If the information published violates the rules of the Platform, the Platform may immediately delete, block, and remove links in accordance with relevant rules.
14.4 If the Member engages in the above conducts on the Platform, or if the Member engages in such conducts but does not create a negative impact on the Platform, the Platform may take measures in accordance with relevant rules such as reducing the star rating, suspending the transaction qualification and suspending the service in part or in whole. If the conducts of the Member create a significant negative impact on the Platform, then there is a material breach by the Member, and the Platform may close the account or terminate the service provided to the Member.
15.1 The contents of the tendering and bidding service agreement are specified in the annex, which is an integral part of this service agreement.
16.1 The conclusion, execution, interpretation and dispute resolution of this Agreement shall be governed by the applicable laws in the mainland of the People’s Republic of China (excluding its rules on conflict of laws); if the law leaves blank to an issue, the commercial practices or industry practices, if any, shall be apply. If there is a conflict between this Agreement and the applicable laws, those contractual provisions will be reinterpreted in full accordance with the regulations of the law, and other valid provisions will remain to be effective.
16.2 If any term in this Agreement is deemed revoked, invalid or unenforceable for any reason, such term shall be deemed separable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of other remaining provisions. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, any new contents that would expand the scope of the service or strengthen the function shall be governed by this Agreement.
16.3 If there is any dispute between Members, the Users and the Platform, parties shall endeavor to resolve the dispute through friendly negotiation; if the negotiation fails, either party may file a lawsuit to the People’s Court in the China Mainland where the Platform Operator is located.
16.4 The Platform Operator respects the lawful rights of Members and Users and other Members. This Agreement, as well as all the rules, statements and other contents published on the Platform, all serve the purpose of providing better and more convenient services to Members, Users and other Members. The Platform welcomes comments and suggestions from Members and Users. The Platform Operator will accept such comments and suggestions with an open mind and will revise this Agreement and all the rules of the Platform in due time.
16.5 The Platform Operator may modify the terms of this Agreement, and notify Members about the modified terms of this agreement. If Members does not expressly refuse such modification in writing within 7 days after receiving Platform Operator’s notification, Members will be deemed as accepting the modified terms of this agreement and such terms shall take effect since the 7th day after Members receiving the notification.
16.6 The notice under this Agreement will be published on Platform’s website or in the form of a pop-up window on the Platform’s website or other forms at Platform Operator’s option e.g. serving a notice, and the date of publication shall be deemed to be the date of Members’s receipt of such notice.
16.7 The right to modify and interpret this Agreement belongs to the Platform Operator.
16.8 Clicking “I have read and agreed to Epec Platform Membership and User Services Agreement” at the bottom of this Agreement will be deemed as fully and completely reading, understanding and accepting this Agreement. Please double check that you have known and fully understood all the contents of this Agreement. This agreement shall be executed and effective immediately after Members clicks or tricks the "Agree" button. This Agreement shall be binding on both parties.
you have any questions, please dial the Platform’s customer service hotline at 400-819-8786 or 95388-5.
Instructions on Cancellation for Epec Members and Users
Dear Member and User:
We deeply regret and feel sorry for your decision to cancel Epec Member Account or User Account.
We hereby remind you kindly, that your cancellation of the account means giving up all the services provided by the Platform and other related platforms, such as displaying selling goods, participating in price comparison, electronic bidding, online payment, or obtaining financial support, purchasing goods, inquiring for price and sourcing products, applying for verification or evaluation, etc. In the meantime, it will cause much inconvenience for your after-sales right protection. After the cancellation of the membership, we will only remove your member information in the front-end system, so that it cannot be retrieved or accessed, or we may anonymize your member information. You know and understand that, even after the cancellation of the membership, your transaction records will be kept at the back-end for at least 3 years in accordance with relevant laws.
1. If you wish to cancel the Member Account, all the following conditions need to be met:
(1) You represent and warrant that, when you agree to accept the Instruction and cancel the Member Account, you have the full capacity for civil rights and civil conducts required by the law, can represent your legal persons, other organizations or yourself and can independently bear civil liability.
(2) In the past month, there is no high-risk operation of the account such as changing passwords and changing binding information, and there is no risk that the account is being stolen or banned;
(3) The account has no unfinished business on the Platform (including but not limited to all related platforms: uniform payment platform, e-bidding platform, e-commerce system, the related business of the subsidiary account, etc.), and all orders have been completed for more than one year;
(4) There is no dispute regarding the Member Account, including reporting and complaining by the Member, or being reported or complained;
(5) The Member Account is in normal use, and there is no such record as being warned, suspended or banned in a transaction, and being disabled the service because of breach of contract or violation of the law.
(6) Member Account’s Epec payment account and UKEY for payment, CA digital certificate used for bidding have been canceled, and the relevant business information has been dealt with properly.
2. Once the Member Account is canceled, it cannot be restored. Please back up all the relevant information and data before submitting an application. Please keep the materials such as proof of transaction and invoice of the ordered goods and services, otherwise, you may need to pay extra fees for account and order inquiry.
3. The cancellation operation is irrevocable after you submit the cancellation application and the Platform Operator approves it. After the cancellation is approved, there will be an announcement on the Platform’s notice board for 30 days. If no objection is raised after 30 days, the cancellation is completed (no announcement is required for individual user’s account cancellation).
4. During the period when the Member applies for cancellation, if your account is involved in disputes, including but not limited to complaints, reports, lawsuits, arbitration, investigation by regulating authorities, the Platform has the right to terminate the cancellation of the account without your consent.
5. After canceling your membership at Epec, you will not be able to use the account, and will not be able to retrieve any contents or information in or related to your account, including but not limited to:
(1) You will not be able to log in or use the account, and will not be able to enjoy the services provided by the e-commerce system, e-bidding platform, uniform payment platform, etc., related to the Platform to display selling goods, participate in price comparison, electronic bidding, process online payment, obtain financial support, purchase goods, inquire price, source products, and apply for verification or evaluation, etc.
(2) The corporate information and historic transaction information of the account (including but not limited to user name, transaction documents, favorite information, and subscription information) cannot be retrieved.
(3) All the points, qualifications that have been obtained are deemed to be waived and cannot be used anymore.
6. Cancellation of an account does not mean that the liabilities of the account before cancellation will be exempted or mitigated.
7. If you want to re-use the Platform to conduct business, you need to re-register and be verified as a Member by using an email address or a mobile phone number different from the one that was used in the previous registration.
8. If you have any questions regarding the above contents, you can dial the Platform’s customer service hotline at 400-819-8786 or 95388-5. You can also contact our online customer support.
1. Submitting the information filled out according to the notice at the cancellation page, reading and agreeing to the Instructions and the relevant provisions and condition and completing all the cancellation procedure means that you have fully read, understood and accepted all the contents of the Instruction.
2. When reading the Instructions, if you disagree with any provisions or conditions, please immediately stop the cancellation procedure.
3. Before clicking to submit, please double check that you have known and fully understood all the contents of the Instructions.
Application for Cancellation of Epec Member
Epec E-commerce Co., Ltd.:
We XXX Company hereby authorizes the Member manager XXX as the agent, ID No. ，in handling the cancellation of membership (username ) on the Epec E-commerce Platform.
We have read carefully and agreed to all the provisions in Instructions on Cancellation for Epec Members and Users. All the consequences after the cancellation shall be borne by us.
Attached: A scanned version of the duplicate copy of the Business License (with official seal).
Signature of the Legal representative or the person in charge
Application for Cancellation of Epec User
Epec E-commerce Co., Ltd.:
I. I hereby apply for cancellation of the username of
I have read carefully and agreed to all the provisions in Instructions on Cancellation for Epec Members and Users. All the consequences after the cancellation shall be borne by me.
Attached: ID card
1. One of Platform Operator's businesses is to provide inquiry, source search services, transaction facilitating, and intermediary services for suppliers and purchasers registered on the platform.
2. The supplier/purchaser on Platform Operator's Platform must provide the following information if register as Platform’s member: their contact individuals’ user name, email address, account password, and this information is hereinafter referred to as "personal information". The above-mentioned individuals who provide personal information are collectively referred to as "data subject(s)". Platform Operator transmits the collected personal information and stored it on the server in China Mainland.
3. Epec Procurement Manager identified by Platform Operator (EPM)) is responsible for reviewing and collecting product information uploaded by suppliers/purchasers or the needs of suppliers/purchasers on behalf of Platform Operator. Epec Procurement Manager is also responsible for providing sourcing services, contract negotiation services, process control services, after-sales services, etc.
4. Members may receive the above personal information forwarded by Platform Operator or Purchasing Manager who aims to make a deal between the suppliers and the purchasers.
In the light of the above, if Members click or tick the "Agree", Members shall be deemed to agree to the entire contents of this "Personal Information Protection Agreement" (" this PIP Agreement ") and shall be deemed voluntarily to be bound by this PIP Agreement.
Article 1 Members’ Promises
1. Unless Platform Operator expressly authorizes in writing, Members can only use personal information for: contacting the data subject based upon the personal information forwarded by Platform Operator or purchase manager.
2. Without the express consent of Platform Operator, Members shall not transfer, share or disclose personal information, and shall not use personal information for purposes other than the purpose set out in the clause 1 above.
3. Members shall take appropriate measures such as encrypting, anonymizing to ensure the security of personal information, and keep the personal information undisclosed, integral, and not being lost or stolen.
4. Members shall be equipped with a system for preventing intrusion and personal information leakage; at the same time, Members shall have the ability to recover personal information data when personal information is lost or damaged.
5. Members shall regularly evaluate and improve its own systems and measures for protecting personal information security.
6. If Platform Operator or the purchasing manager requires so, Members shall use or process personal information on Sinopec's internal system or Sinopec's server, and shall not download personal information to Members' local server.
Article 2 Liability for breach of this PIP Agreement
Members understands that the purpose of this PIP Agreement is to assist Platform Operator in complying with the relevant provisions of the EU General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”). Any violation of this PIP Agreement by Members (including but not limited to the disclosure, loss or damage of personal information caused by Members), may result in Platform Operator being punished by relevant EU regulatory authorities, being subject to claims of related entities, suffering goodwill damages and losing interests that Members would have attained. Therefore, both parties agree that if Members breach this PIP Agreement, Platform Operator has the right to request Members to compensate Platform Operator for direct and indirect losses, including but not limited to the penalties conferred by relevant EU regulatory authorities, the claims of raised by related entities, the damages regarding loss of goodwill and any lost interests that Members would have attained.
According to the EU General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”), EPEC E-Commerce Co., Ltd. (“EPEC” or “We”) recognize the importance of personal information or data as well as the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of personal information or data. In the light of this, the data subject ("Data Subject" or "You") specified under the GDPR agrees to enter into and abide by this data subject personal information user agreement ("this Agreement").
This Agreement applies to our collection, storage, transmission, analysis, use, disclosure and processing of individual’s personal information on the EPEC international business platform（https://global.epec.com/portal/）（“Platform”）. This Agreement also applies to the use of our services and products via mobile devices or mobile applications.
The personal information of the data subject should not be uploaded by persons other than the data subject. After you have clicked the “Read All and Agree” button at the end of this Agreement, it is deemed that this Agreement has been agreed and become effective between you and EPEC, and you have agreed EPEC’s collection, storage, transmission, analysis, and processing of your personal information in accordance with this Agreement. EPEC shall have the right to claim liabilities against the relevant persons.
This Agreement will contain the following content:
A. PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION SCOPE
B. PURPOSE OR USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
C. SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
D. SECURITY MEASURES FOR DATA SUBJECT’S INFORMATION
E. FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS AS A DATA SUBJECT
F. REGARDING CROSS-BORDER TRANSMISSION
G. ABOUT MINORS
H. UPDATE OF THIS AGREEMENT
I. HOW TO CONTACT US
A. PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION SCOPE
When we collect your personal information, we will collect it according to the “minimum” principle provided by GDPR. We only collect and store your personal information that is necessary for our platform business. We will not collect or store more personal information than necessary. At the same time, we will limit the persons who can access your personal information to a minimum range.
If companies, enterprises or entities in other forms by which data subjects are employed plans to be a member of the platform, these companies, enterprises or entities shall be collectively referred to as “Member Entity”, and you will open an account and file registration on the Platform on behalf of the Member Entity you are employed. In the process of opening an account and filing registration on the Platform, we may collect and store the your personal information including your name, work phone number, mobile phone number, email address, work address, etc.
If you contact our Platform's customer service, We may record your conversation with us and may collect additional information to verify your identity.
Since you are providing your personal information to Platform on behalf of your Member Entity, if you leave the Member Entity, please let us know and we will delete your personal information after conducting proper verification.
B. PURPOSE OR USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We process your personal information for the purpose of:
1. Verifing your identity;
2. Keeping in contact with you and obtaining your consent on the relevant matters;
3. Processing the registration of you conducted for your Member Entity on the Platform, including providing you with the login ID of the Platform, and maintaining and managing the account you have opened;
4. Sharing your contact information with the Platform’s purchasing managers, suppliers and purchasers registered on the Platform to facilitate the transactions between the platform suppliers and the purchasers;
5. Evaluating the account security and transaction risk of the Member Entity, detecting and preventing fraud and other security incidents;
6. Transmitting, storing and processing your personal information abroad to the server deployed in China Mainland.
We may also use your personal information for purposes other than purposes listed above (such as archiving for the purpose of public interest, scientific or historical research, or statistics), or we may disclose such information according to the requirements of governmental authorities.
If your Member Entity actively cancels the account or makes such request, we will anonymize your personal information or delete your personal information as soon as possible in accordance with relevant laws and regulations.
C. SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with the Platform's suppliers, purchasers, Platform purchasing managers, affiliates of EPEC within the Sinopec Group (the range of Sinopec Group is subject to EPEC’s interpretation) and agents engaged by EPEC, so that we can provide intermediary services and facilitate transactions for the Member Entity in a more effective way.
The above mentioned agents include, but are not limited to, business consulting companies, big data analytics companies. These agents will process your personal information on behalf of EPEC and also under the supervision of EPEC, and they will not use your personal information for the purposes other than those provided this Agreement.
Your personal information may be posted on the platform's website along with the information about your Member Entity. Meanwhile, it is not impossible that in the future, we may share the web-links of the products displayed on the Platform with other platforms and forward the specific needs of your Member Entity to other platforms. By then, the relevant persons may browse or be linked to the products displayed on the Platform by viewing other platforms’ website, or they may be forwarded the specific needs of Member Entity, and in this way, such relevant persons may be able to view your personal information.
When we believe it is necessary to comply with applicable laws to safeguard your or our legal rights, we may also share your personal information with our professional advisors, relevant judicial authorities, insurance companies, government departments or regulatory institutions.
In order to maximize the security of your personal information, we will reach an agreement with the above mentioned suppliers, purchasers, platform purchasing managers, affiliates of EPEC, and agents engaegd by EPEC, causing these persons to promise not to share or disclose your personal information to any other unauthorized persons.
D. SECURITY MEASURES FOR DATA SUBJECT’s INFORMATION
We have taken reasonable and practical security measures to protect the personal information you provide, preventing your personal information from unauthorized access, public disclosure, unauthorized use, unauthorized modification, being damaged or loss. For example, We will anonymize your personal information as much as we can when collecting, storing, transmitting, analyzing, and processing data; will encrypt your personal information to improve the security of your personal information; will use trustful protection mechanisms to prevent your personal information from being maliciously attacked. We will use access control mechanisms to try to ensure that only authorized person can have access to your personal information. We will conduct security and privacy protection training courses to enhance our employees’ understanding and enforceability of protecting personal information.
At the same time, to ensure the security of personal information, we will regularly evaluate the collection, transmission, storage, analysis or other security measures in relation to processing your personal data.
We will only retain your personal information for the period within the purposes provided in this Agreement or for the period required by the law, unless extending such period is permitted by you or by the law.
At the time of the transaction, you may inevitably give your personal information to the counterparty or potential counterparties, such as contact information or contact address. Please protect your personal information and provide it to others only when necessary. If you find that your personal information, especially your account or password, has been leaked, please contact us immediately so that we can take proper actions. At the same time, please use a complicated password to ensure that the account you open on behalf of the Member Entity is safe.
In the event of a personal information security incident, we will, in accordance with the regulations of GDPR, notify the regulatory authority or you about: the basic facts and possible impact of the security incident, measures we have taken or will take, our advice that you can take to prevent or reduce the risk, and remedies for your personal information security incident, etc. We will inform you about updates of the security incident by email, letter, telephone call, notification, etc. When it is difficult to inform each data subject, we will issue a notice in a reasonable and effective manner such as a notification on the first page of our website.
E. FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS AS A DATA SUBJECT
According to the GDPR regulations, as a data subject, you have the fundamental rights including but not limited to the following ones.
1. Access your personal information
You have the right to access your personal information, unless there is exception provided by laws and regulations. You can access your personal information in the following ways.
Account Information - If you wish to access or edit personal information in your account, or information you have provided on behalf of your Member Entity, you can do so by logging into your account and using the “Account Management” function.
Search information - you can request your browsing or search history record.
Provide a copy of the information - you can ask us to provide you a copy of your personal information or data that is being processed.
If you are unable to access such personal information through the above methods, you can contact us at any time through the "Contact Us" window of the platform. We will respond to your request in time.
2. Correct or supplement your personal information
You have the right to ask us to make corrections or supplements when you discover that the personal information we collect, store, transmit, analyze or process about you is inaccurate. You can make request to correct or supplement your personal information through the “Contact Us” window.
3. Delete your personal information
You can require us to delete of all or part of your personal information through the “Contact Us” window. For example, in the following situations, you can require us to delete personal information:
(1) If processing your personal information is in violation of laws and regulations;
(2) If we collect and use your personal information without obtaining your explicit consent;
(3) If processing your personal information is in material breach of agreement with you;
(4) If you or your Member Entity no longer use our products or services, or you or your Member Entity voluntarily cancel the account, or you have left your Member Entity;
If we respond to your request, we will simultaneously try our best to notify the entities that obtained your personal information from us, and request such entities to delete your personal information in a timely manner, unless laws and regulations provide otherwise, or these entities obtain your separate authorization.
4. Change or withdraw your consent
EPEC’s act of collecting, storing, transmitting, analyzing or processing your personal information on the Platform is based on your consent. Nevertheless, you can request changes or withdrawals of your consent at any time through the “Contact Us” window.
When you withdraw your consent, we will no longer store, transmit, analyze or process the corresponding personal information. However, your decision to withdraw your consent will not affect the processing of personal information that has been completed based on your prior consent.
5. Appeal your claims to the regulatory authorities
You have the right to appeal to the relevant data regulation authorities.
6. Restrict or limit our processing
You have the right to refuse or restrict our collection, storage, transmission, analysis or other processing acts of your personal information at any time. For example, you have the right to ask us not to process your personal information in the following circumstances:
(1) If you believe that your personal information we collect, store, transmit, analyze or process is inaccurate-we will verify the accuracy of your personal information within a certain period of time;
(2) We act illegally in processing your personal information;
(3) It is no necessary any more for us to process personal information according to the provisions of this Agreement.
7. Carry your personal information to other data processor
You have the right to request that the personal information you provide to us be transferred to other entities.
You can copy your personal information that you provide to us.
8. Cancel the account
Since your registration of the account on the Platform is on behalf of your Member Entity, you will be able to submit the account cancellation application on the “Cancel Account” page of the platform if you are explicitly authorized by your Member Entity to do so (EPEC will verify whether the Member Entity has authorized you to cancel the account).
After canceling the account, we will stop providing products or services for you and your Member Entity, and will delete your personal information or anonymize your personal information according to laws and regulations.
9. Limit the automatic decision making conducted by our information system
In operating some of the functions of the Platform, we may provide services to the Member Entity solely using automatic mechanism ("automatic mechanism") such as automatic information systems and algorithms. If you believe that such automatic mechanism significantly affect your legal rights, you may contact us and require explanation. We will give you reasonable explanations to the extent that our explanation will not violate public interests and legitimate rights and interests of EPEC and other related persons.
10. Require our response to your request
To guarantee information security, you may need to prove your identity by giving us written request or in some other necessary ways. Thus, we may first verify your identity and then process your request. We will respond to your request as soon as possible. If you are not satisfied, you can also initiate a complaint to the Platform customer service.
Generally, we do not charge a fee for your reasonable requests, but we might charge a certain fee for the repeated requests or those that exceed the reasonable scope to cover our costs. We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, will require excessive technical means (for example, requests that need to develop new systems or need to fundamentally change existing practices), bring risks to the legal rights of others, or are obviously unrealistic.
In the following situations, according to laws and regulations, we may not be able to respond to your request:
(1) Your request is related to national security and national defense security;
(2) Your request is related to public safety, public health, and significant public interests;
(3) Your request is relevant to criminal investigations, prosecutions, trials and execution of judgments;
(4) There is sufficient evidence that you are in subjective malice or abuse your rights;
(5) Responding to your request will result in serious damage to your or other’s legitimate rights;
(6) Satisfying your request will infringe trade secrets.
F. REGARDING CROSS-BORDER TRANSMISSION
For the purpose of processing your personal information as described in Article 2 of this Agreement, as the server of the platform is deployed in China Mainland, your personal information will be transmitted beyond EU and stored on the Platform’s servers located in China Mainland. At present, China Mainland is not a third country or territory that the European Commission has specified as being countries or territory that are able to provide adequate level of protection. At the same time, EPEC has not taken the following safeguard measures under the GDPR.
1. Executing legally binding and enforceable documents between government departments or agencies;
2. Executing binding corporate rules;
3. Executing standard data protection clauses adopted by the Commission in accordance with the its examination procedure;
4. Executing codes of conduct designated by EPEC’s sector associations, supervisory authorities or by other institutions conferring binding and enforceable commitments, which have been approved and publicized by the European Commission;
5. Acquiring an approved certification mechanism or data protection seals and marks given by EU member states, regulation institutions, the European Data Protection Council and the European Commission;
6. Executing standard data protection clauses adopted by a supervisory authority and approved by the Commission in accordance with the its examination procedure.
Therefore, under this Agreement, our transmission of your personal information across beyond EU to a server located in China Mainland is based on your explicit consent after you have understanding the above risks. However, we will use as many as possible technical means to ensure the safety of your personal information, and prevent them from being damaged and leaked during cross-border transmission.
G. ABOUT MINORS
Minors may not create an account without the consent of a parent or guardian. If you are a minor, we advise you to ask your parent or guardian to read this agreement carefully and then, with the consent of your parent or guardian, use our services or provide us information.
As for our collection for minors’ personal information requiring the consent of their parent or guardian, we will only store, use, share, transfer or disclose information to the extent that our processing activities are permitted by law, are authorized by parental or guardian's explicit consent, or are for the aim of protection of minors.
H. UPDATE OF THIS AGREEMENT
You agree that EPEC may update the contents of this Agreement to the extent that the updated content is in the line with GDPR regulations. We will not restrict your rights under the GDPR before we obtain your consent. We will post updates to this Agreement on a designated web page or through a pop-up window. If you do not agree the updates, you may exercise your rights under the GDPR e.g. requesting us to delete your personal information or restrict the use of your personal information, or withdrawing your consent.
The updates referred to in this Agreement include but are not limited to:
1. Changes we make to this Agreement in accordance with requirements of applicable laws and regulations;
2. Changes regarding the service model of the Platform e.g. changes as to the purpose of processing personal information, the type of personal information processed, and the way in which personal information is processed;
3. Major changes of EPEC’s controller, such as changes in owners caused by mergers and acquisitions, etc.;
4. Changes regarding the main objects of sharing, disclosure, or transmission of your personal information;
5. Significant changes regarding your rights or manners to exercise your rights in relation to our processing of your personal information;
6. Changes regarding our departments in charge of personal information security issue, its contact information, and your complaint channels.
I. HOW TO CONTACT US
You can contact us or the data protection officer by clicking the "Contact Us" button of the Platform’s website. We will respond to your request as soon as possible.